Casper Civic Chorale
Dear Casper Civic Chorale Community,
Hello fellow singers. Your Casper Civic Choral Board hopes you are remaining safe and healthy. My name is Joan Davies and I stepped into the CCC President role as of July 1, 2020. Let me introduce you to the Casper Civic Chorale Board 2020-2021: President: Joan Davies; VP: Zach Becker; Secretary: Tanya Baures; Treasurer: Robin Walter; Past President: Gary Gasser; Member-at-Large: Kimi Winkler; Grants and Donations: Mark Knoll; Publicity Chair: Diane Branson. We are pleased to announce that our new director is Dave Branson. Dave comes to CCC with many years of experience in choral conducting and has been a member of Casper Civic Choral as a member, VP and recent president. Your CCC Board has made the decision to postpone the start of the rehearsal and performance season until Fall 2021. This difficult decision was made taking into consideration the findings made by local, state and national experts and singing organizations that also have the best interests of the overall health and well-being of the performers in the organizations under their care. Your health and well being is of primary concern. We all miss singing, the emotional and physiological benefits that being together provides and how singing brings us together. But we must listen to the experts that are guiding us through this unstable time. Your board is working to reopen as soon as is safe for to do so. Even though our rehearsal and performance season is on hold during the fall, your Board is moving forward to make CCC better for the membership when we return. A list of items discussed by the board is listed below to update you on how the board is moving forward for the good of the membership and to keep Casper Civic Chorale viable and stable during this most unstable of times.
1. Casper Civic Choral will presume again in the fall of 2021. Your health and safety is prime concern. We will continue to assess the recommendations of the CDC, Governor Gordon and the experts at monthly meetings and keep you informed of our actual rehearsal date. Check the CCC Website and CCC Facebook page for updates.
2. The Annual Bear Trap Meet-and-Greet scheduled for this fall is in discussion. Updates will be posted as they are decided upon.
3. The CCC Website and the CCC Facebook page will be our line-of-communication.
4. Rehearsals will be held at United Church of Christ located at 1511 Melrose Street.
5. Traveling during the summer has been an exciting time for CCC in the past. COVID-19 has changed the parameters of domestic and international traveling. We have no idea where travel (domestic or international) will be in the near or distant future. CCC will not plan a traveling event for 2021. There is a possibility of a Wyoming in-state-combined event with other choirs in 2022. Know that your board is continuing to meet, move the chorale forward, has your health and well-being as top priority and doing all it can to get back to singing together as soon as it is safe for the membership. We will be together again doing what we all love to do: Creating beautiful music in our lives and for our community.
Yours in Music and Community.
The Casper Civic Chorale Board 2020-2021